Command Culture: Officer Education in the U.S. Army and the German Armed Forces, 1901-1940, and the Consequences for World War II
- Distinguished Writing Award in Institutional/Functional History, from the Army Historical Foundation, 2011
- Selected by General Raymond Odierno for the U.S. Army Chief of Staff's Professional Reading List, March 2012
- Winner of the Army Historical Foundation Distinguished Writing Award, 2012
- Selected by Lieutenant General David Morrison, Chief of Army (Australia), for the Chief of Army's Reading List, 2012
- Selected by General James F. Amos, Commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, as required reading for all senior enlisted men and all Majors and Lieutenant-Colonels, 2013
- Selected by Major General H.R. McMaster at the Maneuver Center of Excellence, Fort Benning, for the Leader Development Study Program, 2013
31 b&w photos. Notes. Bib. Index.
Ideal for Classrooms
About the Author
JÖRG MUTH received his Ph.D. in history from the University of Utah. He is the author of Flucht aus dem militärischen Alltag: Ursachen und individuelle Ausprägung der Desertion in der Armee Friedrichs des Großen, a study of desertion in the Prussian army during the era of Frederick the Great.