Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a book to review?
See: Requesting a Review Copy.
How do I order a book?
See: Ordering a Catalog.
How can I obtain copies of your books for educational purposes?
For information regarding exam or desk copies, textbook adoption, see: Exam/Desk Copy Policy.
What types of books do you publish?
See our Mission Statement.
How do I submit a manuscript for consideration by the Press?
See: Submitting a Proposal.
How can I contact an author?
See: Interviewing Authors.
What are your rights and permissions policies?
For information about photocopies, to reprint a quote from a book, translate, adopt for book club, adopt for motion picture or TV, see: Rights and Permissions.
Can you provide me with general contact information?
See: Contact Us.
Do you use freelance designers?
Yes. If you are interested in being considered, please e-mail Amy Maddox. We do not employ freelance editors, proofreaders, or indexers at this time.
Do you use professional outside readers?
No. Our readers are selected from our Readers Database.
Do you have internships or other training programs?
Yes, for UNT students only. If you are interested in these programs, please e-mail Ronald Chrisman.
Who we are and who we are not:
- We are a university press, a book publisher, and a member of the Association of American University Presses.
- We are not a book printer or manufacturer—i.e., we do not take on projects to print for customers.
- We are not the University of Texas Press located in Austin.
- We do not publish or print the NT Daily, North Texan, or In House. Contact University Brand Strategy and Communications for these publications.
- We do not publish the Petroleum Journal.